Shipping and Shopping
The information contained within this document relates to the Aesop Hong Kong online store located at www.aesop-store.com.hk, operated by Aesop Hong Kong Limited and trading as Aesop (“Terms of Trade”).
The Terms of Trade and Frequently Asked Questions relevant to our other regions can be found in the footer of our international web stores. These can be accessed by selecting 'Shop Online' in the main menu, and choosing your region from the list that appears below.
Please read these Terms of Trade carefully as they contain important information including warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability.
Definitions and Application
1. In these Terms of Trade, "Aesop" means Aesop Hong Kong Limited trading as Aesop, 'you' means the organisation or individual who is ordering product on the website, and the "Products" means the Aesop products which may be ordered on the website.
2. These Terms of Trade apply to any purchase of any Products by you from this website.Shipping Fee
The Shipping Fee will be:
1. free of charge where the Product Subtotal is HKD1500 or greater
2. HKD200 where the Product Subtotal is less than HKD1500.
3. free of charge at any Product Subtotal when in-store pickup is selected.
The Delivery time will be:
1. Where the Order is to be delivered to a Hong Kong address, Aesop will use reasonable endeavours to deliver the Order within 3 working days (Monday-Friday excluding official public holidays) from the date the Order was submitted by you.
2. For in-store pickup, please allow 24 hours for order processing. We will notify the customer when the order is ready to pick up.
1. To submit an order for Products (Order), you must:
a. create an account with Aesop on this website by registering your details and creating an username and password; and
b. complete and submit the online order through your Aesop account.
2. Aesop reserves the right to refuse any Order. In such case, Aesop will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable and refund to you any payment in full.
3. All products available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use and gifting only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions. Aesop also reserves the right to take legal action against unauthorised and unofficial sale of our products.
4. Orders are restricted to 2 units per item only.
Prices and Payment
1. All prices on the website are in Hong Kong dollars. Prices are subject to change without notice.
2. The amount payable to Aesop for an Order (Order Amount) will be the total of the following amounts:
a. the sum of the price of each Product ordered as indicated on the website at the time of submitting the Order (Product Subtotal);
b. the cost of delivery determined in accordance with Delivery stated above, and
c. the sum of any other fees which Aesop levies from time to time and which you have agreed to pay by providing your electronic consent (e.g. subscription fees).
3. You must pay the Order Amount by credit card at the time of submitting the Order. Aesop accepts Visa, Mastercard, CUP or Alipay.
First Time Users
If you are a first-time user of Aesop or the product which you wish to purchase, Aesop recommends you:
1. visit an Aesop store/ retailer for a personal consultation, or
2. if it is not possible for you to visit an Aesop store/retailer, call an Aesop store/retailer to discuss your proposed purchase.
To locate a store please click here.
1. Without limiting Aesop's legal rights arising from any failure by you to make a payment in accordance with these Terms of Trade, Aesop reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to take any of the following actions against you if you fail to make such a payment:
a. withhold supply and dispose of the Products requested in the Order, and/or
b. refuse to deal further with you, and Aesop will not be liable to you for any loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from any such action.
2. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 of this section and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Products are sold and information is rendered to you on the understanding that you have sole responsibility for determining the suitability of the Products for the purposes for which you intend to use them.
3. Subject to the following "No Warranty" clauses and to the fullest extent permitted by law, the liability of Aesop for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of Aesop breaching its obligations under these Terms of Trade or other tortious duty (including arising by reason of defects in the Products) is limited to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products.
1. Subject to the following clauses and to the fullest extent permitted by law, Aesop gives no warranty in respect of the Products.
2. For consumers the Products come with non-excludable warranties and guarantees under consumer protection legislation, such as that Aesop is the rightful owner, the Products are reasonably fit for their usual purpose, are of acceptable quality, and match any description or sample. If Aesop breaches any of these non-excludable warranties or guarantees, you are entitled, at your option, to a refund or replacement of the relevant Products, and to compensation for any reasonable foreseeable loss.
3. You may also have express rights of action against Aesop under consumer protection legislation if Aesop supplied defective Products to you that cause you injury, loss or damage.
Refunds and Returns
Only items purchased on the Aesop website can be returned to aesop.com for refund or exchange. Items purchased in a department store, specialty retailer or elsewhere must be returned to their original point of purchase.
Should you make an error when ordering online, Aesop will gladly exchange your item for the item you intended to purchase. The returned item must be unopened and in its original saleable condition. You are responsible for the shipping and additional postage charges.
In the unfortunate event that you react to a product, you have the option of exchanging or refunding it. All items must be returned to Aesop at 22 Upper Station Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong. The customer is responsible for the shipping costs incurred when sending the items back to Aesop. In Mainland China and Hong Kong, the shipping charge of HKD200 will be payable if the subsequent refund reduces the original order amount to below the free shipping threshold of HKD1500.
Should an item be damaged while it is being shipped to you by us, Aesop will provide you with a full refund or exchange. Return postage will be reimbursed in case of damaged, defective or incorrectly sent items and a reimbursement will be issued in the original form of payment.
Please retain your postal receipt from Post Office until you are certain your parcel has been safely received by Aesop. We may need to see this if we fail to receive your package.
We will do our best to process returns within 5 working days (Monday-Friday excluding official public holidays) of receipt and a reimbursement will be issued in the original form of payment.
Customs and Duties
If Aesop is delayed or hindered in or prevented from performing any of its obligations under any Order by reason of any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control, Aesop will have no liability to you in respect of such non-performance and the time for performing the same will be extended until the event or circumstance has ceased.
1. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, such term shall be severed and the remaining terms shall be unaffected (in this instance the parties shall use reasonable endeavours to negotiate a suitable substitute provision).
3. Orders and these Terms of Trade will be governed by the laws applying in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and the courts competent to determine appeals from those courts, with respect to any proceedings that may be brought at any time in relation to these Terms of Trade.
4. In case of dispute, the English language version of all Terms and Conditions shall precede the Chinese language version.